Adapting in the midst of Coronavirus Pandemic
Our veterinarians and support team are dedicated to continuing to provide necessary care to your furry friends during the COVID-19 pandemic. Though we’ve had to make some changes to our day-to-day flow to keep everyone safe, we’re still here for you and your pets.
These are the most important things you need to know:
- Employees of FCAH are adhering to “social distancing” practices recommended by the CDC and OSHA in an effort to limit exposure of team members and clients to COVID-19.
- Curbside service is available for both appointments and medication/supply pick up. This allows us to continue providing care for your pet while minimizing any risk of exposure. Upon arrival to our practice, please call from the parking lot and alert us to your arrival.
- We will continue to schedule vaccine appointments for puppies, kittens and in cases where core vaccinations are due within a week, or overdue. We feel it’s important that we do not let preventive care lapse which could additionally compromise public health
- We will continue to accept and treat sick and injured patients.
- We will continue to schedule humane euthanasia during times of need.
- We will resume elective surgical/dentistry procedures May 1, 2020.
- We will resume grooming and boarding services May 11, 2020.
We appreciate all of our clients, as well as our wonderful team who has worked tirelessly to continue to provide care and service to our clients and patients during this worrisome time.
If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call at (540) 483-1272 and we’ll determine the best way to safely meet your needs.